XAPK is a completely new format for Android apps and games. Do you have any idea about the compressed folders? The XAPK works just the same way. It’s a container that contains the main installable APK file and the supporting assets. As the big games may have multiple supporting OBB files, it becomes easier than ever to keep everything in a single container file and then provide it to the users. When you download an XAPK file, you don’t have to download the supporting assets and data for the game or the app, as everything is bundled together.
Use Third-Party Apps to Install XAPK File
There are numerous apps like XAPK Installer, which acts as a third-party alternative for the Google Play Store. With such apps, you only have to download or load the XAPK file, and the app will do the rest of the installation for you. With the XAPK Installer app, you just have to load the XAPK file and the app will automatically install it. Not just the XAPK file, but it will install the APK file too. Here is the exact procedure to Install any XAPK file with the XAPK Installer app.
- First of all, download the XAPK file from any trusted website.
- After that, open the XAPK Installer app and tap on “Install .XAPK Files”.
- Now, select “Automatically Search .XAPK files” and the app will start looking for the XAPK files on your device.
- Once the search is done, you will see the list of XAPK files on your device.
- Tap on the file and then tap on “Install XAPK” to start the installation. The app will do everything in the background and will install the app on your device.
How to Install an XAPK File on your Android Device?
Unlike the traditional APK file, the installation of the XAPK file takes a little more time. Don’t worry; it’s only a few extra steps that won’t take more than a few seconds of your time. With the XAPK file, it becomes easier than ever to install the big apps and games. Here are the exact steps for you to follow and properly install the XAPK file on your device.
- First of all, download the XAPK file of your desired app or game. Make sure to download the file from any of the trusted sources.
- After that, go to the “File Manager” on your phone. Long-press on the XAPK file and then select “Rename” to rename the file.
- Change the extension of the file from “.xapk” to “.zip” and save.
- The device will automatically identify the XAPK file as the Zip folder. Extract the ZIP folder, and you will get the APK file and the OBB data in the “Android” folder.
- Now, you have to follow the typical APK installation procedure. Just tap on the APK file and then select “Install” to start the installation procedure.
- The installation will consume a few seconds to complete.
- Once done, tap on “Done” and proceed to the next step.
- Now, copy the other folder stored within the “Android” folder and move it to the “Android >> Data >> OBB” folder in your device storage.
- That’s it! That’s how you install the XAPK file. Instead of the APK file and OBB data separately, downloading the XAPK file is convenient.
We often download the APK file for the modified apps and even the regular apps. It has become the normal practice, as it is quite convenient than downloading the app every time from the Google Play Store. It was a painstaking task for the people who needed to download the huge apps and games on the device, as everything had to be downloaded in bits and pieces. With the XAPK file, everything became convenient. In this post, we tried our best to share detailed information about the XAPK file and how to install the same on your device. If you are still facing the issues or have any doubts, make sure to use the comment section below.